Civil works have progressed very well over the past month, with headline progress as follows:
• Powerhouse base and walls cast
• Bulk excavation of railway cutting complete and all but 1 rock blasts complete
• Pipelaying complete between powerhouse and steep slope, and steep slope works commenced
• Pipe laid from edge of chalet park as far as the surge chamber in the railway cutting
• Overall 25% of pipes are in the ground, and 4 out of 5 thrust blocks complete
• Intake river diversion almost ready for putting into service
The hydro plant remains on programme, with the start of installation scheduled as planned for the first
week in July.
The grid connection progressing to programme. a later connection date in late July has been agreed.